There’s lots of things going on across Gloucestershire for Learning Disability Week. The theme is sport and inclusion, and there’s lots of sport taster sessions for you to get involved with. You can also visit the hospital to meet the staff and talk about your thoughts and worries about hospital visits.
Hospital Experience Sessions
The hospital liaison nurses are holding hospital experience sessions at Gloucestershire Royal Hospital on Wednesday 19 June.
You will be able to:
- Meet hospital staff
- Try out equipment in a relaxed setting
- Ask questions or talk about your worries
For more information or to book a place, telephone Bev or Carol on 0300 422 4953 or 0300 422 4985.
Inclusion Gloucestershire Fitness Taster Sessions
Sessions will take place in Gloucester Inclusion Hub, Friends Meeting House, Greyfriars, Gloucester, GL1 1UA.
- Wednesday 19th June – Allsorts fitness taster session from 11.30am to 12.30pm
- Friday 21st June – GFitness taster session from 11.30am to 12.30pm.
Telephone 01452 234003 for more information.
Longlevens Mixed Rugby
Inclusive sessions for those with a learning disability at Longlevens Rugby Club –
- Wednesday 19th June, 6:30pm – 8pm.
- There are also sessions Every other Thursday from 20th June.
Telephone 07724 773238 for more information.
Boccia from Cotswold Crusaders
- Friday 21st June, 5:30pm – 7pm at Leisure@Cheltenham, Tommy Taylor Lane.
Beam Gymnastics Taster Sessions
Accessible Gymnastics club supporting children with additional emotional, physical, behavioural and sensory challenges.
- Tuesday 18th June in Cirencester
- Wednesday 19th June in Fairford
Telephone 07780 506650 or email email@example.com for more details.