A new base for the teams who treat and support people with mental illnesses, learning disabilities, dementia and related conditions has opened in the Forest of Dean.
²gether NHS Foundation Trust’s new Forest ‘hub’ at Colliers Court, in Cinderford, will be home to nurses, doctors, therapists, psychologists, support workers and social workers.
Jan Furniaux, ²gether’s Service Director for Gloucestershire Localities, highlighted that the building was a sign of the Trust’s commitment to providing high quality services in the area.
She said: “Our site at Colliers Court has been used as a location for health services for many years, and we have invested in the site through a significant renovation project.
“The result is a fantastic, bright and spacious base where we can make sure our teams and, most importantly, the service users and carers we support are given the best possible facilities to support recovery.”
The Trust’s Forest teams previously worked from Coleford House and Underleaf, in Coleford, and from rented accommodation in the Belle Vue Centre, Cinderford. There were already some Trust teams based at Colliers Court.
The teams now working in Colliers Court include:
- The Adult Mental Health Recovery Team
- Older People Team
- Children and Young People Service
- Vocational Service
- Assertive Outreach
- Learning Disability Services
- Complex Psychological Intervention
- Managing Memory Together
- Care Home Support
- Integrated Care Team (including Let’s Talk/Improved Access to Psychological Therapy)
The teams in the Forest have, in the past year, provided an average of more than 1,260 appointments each month.
People who access ²gether’s services are generally referred by their GP or other health professionals, however certain services can be accessed directly. These include:
- Let’s Talk, which can be contacted on 0800 073 2200 by anyone experiencing conditions such as stress, anxiety and depression.
- Managing Memory, which can be contacted on 0800 694 8800 by anyone worried about memory, people with dementia and carers of people with dementia.
For further information on ²gether’s services, visit www.²gether.nhs.uk.