Commitment: As and when needed for a minimum of six months
Full Details: Download PDF here
About the role:
We are looking for people to enable service users to access Trust services and activities. All mileage will be reimbursed.
Under the guidance of the team:-
- Provide transport for people wishing to get to appointments. This maybe returning to visit home, access a health appointment or to participate in a leisure activity
- Offer reassurance and engage in conversation as appropriate during the journeys
- Report any concerns to Social Inclusion Team.
Skills and attributes you will need
- Interest in working with people with mental illness
- Ability to communicate with a range of people with diverse needs
- Ability to follow direction
- Access to own transport, with current MOT Certificate, valid insurance and vehicle tax
- Clean driving licence
Most challenging part of the role
You will be lone working in a confined space with service users
Training required and how often this will need to be completed
You will need to complete day 1 and day 2 of our Corporate Induction programme. This will include –
- E-learning Fire safety
- E-learning Infection Control
- E-learning Manual handling
- E-learning information governance
- Breakaway and conflict resolution training
- If you are over the age of 45, you will also be required to have a driving assessment from our Working Well (occupational health) team.