Children’s Community Nursing
The Gloucestershire’s Children’s Community Nursing Team (GCCNT) delivers a community-based nursing service to children and young people with specific medical conditions requiring nursing treatment.
It is a countywide specialist nursing service for children and young people aged up to 18 who have a designated consultant paediatrician managing their ongoing care.
We provide nursing treatment for children to facilitate early discharge from hospital or prevent a hospital admission. This nursing care will enable children and young people’s acute and complex health needs to be managed in their own home or an appropriate clinic setting. The team provides transitional care into adult services.
We specialise in:
- Gastrostomy management
- Nasogastric care
- Wound care
- Assessment for specialised bed and gastrostomy equipment
- Intravenous medication
- Subcutaneous injections for conditions
- Cardiac care following discharge from regional centre
- End of life care to children in their own homes
Using the service
Where you may be seen
The Children’s Community Nursing Team work countywide and care will be delivered in a variety of settings. This may include schools, clinics, nurseries or in the child’s home if appropriate.
How do I cancel or change an appointment?
If you need to reschedule an appointment, please contact the team on 0300 421 8299 as soon as possible, so that this appointment can be offered to someone else.
Referrals are accepted from GPs, consultants or other healthcare professionals. This includes referrals from hospitals or other agencies.
- All children and young people referred to the CCN must have a designated Consultant Paediatrician managing their on-going care.
- Referrals can be made directly via the online form (blue button)
- www.nutricia.co.uk – Nutricia Advanced Medical Nutrition UK
- www.vygon.co.uk – Vygon (UK) Ltd
- www.gbukhealthcare.com – GBUK Healthcare
- www.ccaa.org.uk – Children’s Chronic Arthritis Association
- www.tinytickers.org – UK Charity for babies with serious heart conditions
- www.togetherforshortlives.org.uk – UK Charity for children with life threatening and life-limiting conditions.