Children in Care Health Service
Our nurses are all registered nurses as well as qualified health visitors or school nurses who have also had additional training around the needs of children in care
Our aim is to promote and look after the health of children in care. We do this by:
- ensuring that high quality health assessments are offered to young people in care.
- ensuring that adults working with these young people are trained and supported in health needs
- ensuring that health professionals are equipped to deal with identifying and providing for their health needs.
We are also available for advice as requested from any service/individual as well as providing support to social care teams. We work closely with social care and the looked after children’s services including foster care services, within the local authority.
Anyone involved in supporting children in care can contact us, including health professionals, social workers, foster carers and public health nurses.
Monday to Friday 8.30am – 5pm
Contacting the team
Jacki Place, Becky Shaw and Emma Bond can be contacted on 0300 4218164 or 0300 421 8096.
The admin team may be able to help you with queries about health assessments for children in care. They are usually available from 9am – 4pm.
Available 9am – 5pm
- Liz Bennett – Named Nurse for Children in care – 0300 4218742
- Pam Dickerson (Mondays only)
- Holly Dowsing
- Sarah Jones – 01452 895245
- Clare Varricchione
- Lorna Griffiths – 0300 4218958
Please note that the nursing team may not always be available to answer the telephone, please leave a message and someone will get back to you.