Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Leads
Our Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) Leads provide a point of contact for local authorities, schools and colleges, who need advice or support about health for children and young people who have special educational needs and disabilities.
The role of a SEND Lead
Our SEND Leads:
- liaise with child and adult health services about specific children and young people
- participate in EHC plan quality assurance exercises and feed back to health colleagues
- provide support and training to health colleagues about SEND
- work with partners in cases that need mediation services to resolve disputes outside of tribunals
- review and provide evidence for first tier tribunal cases where there is a health element for determination
- participate in SEND Local Area Inspections
Our SEND Leads are...
CYPS Mental Health
For enquiries, please email: