Welcome to our online waiting rooms
Video consultations can save you time and money as you will not need to travel to one of our hospitals. The service may also benefit you if you find it difficult to travel to hospital, or feel more comfortable talking about your health in your own home.
- Please make sure you are sitting in a private well-lit area where you will not be disturbed. You will need to test your device to ensure you are using the right browser, your microphone and camera are set up correctly and you have a strong internet connection. View our guidance leaflet to ensure your computer or device is compatible.
- When you click the button below to access the video consultation you will be asked to enter your first name, last name, date of birth and phone number. This information will help us to identify you. Click ‘submit’ to proceed.
- On the next page, you will see a drop down list. Select the name of the clinical service or specialty which appears on your appointment letter and reminder text message. Click ‘submit’ to proceed. You are welcome to invite a family member, parent, friend and/or carer to sit with you throughout the video consultation.
- Once signed in, please wait for our clinician to greet you. Occasionally there might be a short delay and your appointment might not run at the planned time. This might be because our clinician needs to spend a little longer with another patient. When this happens the consultant will aim to send you a message via the application. During the video consultation, your clinician may share their computer screen with you, to display test results, or other important information.
- At the end of your video consultation, the clinician may suggest a further appointment. The next appointment may be at the hospital or on video. Either the clinician will agree a date and time with you or a member of our administrative team will contact you by phone in the next few days.
After you disconnect the video call, you will be asked to complete a questionnaire. We very much appreciate you spending the time to provide feedback on your experience to help us to improve our service. Following your appointment we will send a letter with the outcome of the consultation to you and to your GP.
Please click on the waiting room that you have been given in your appointment letter otherwise your call will not be answered. Unless you have a pre-arranged appointment, your video consultation call will not be answered.
Mental Health Services
Learning Disability Services
Physical Health Services
Video calls are secure. Patients have their own digital video room that only authorised clinicians can enter.
The video platform will not take a recording of your consultation.
Personal details entered at the start of video consultation will be deleted at the end of the call.
Patient Data Usage
We’re pleased to share that from Thursday 2 July Sky whitelisted Attend Anywhere calls, joining 02, Vodafone and Three UK in the zero rating of 4G data usage until 31 October. This applies to both patients and clinicians and is applicable to both pay monthly and pay-as-you-go users and means those who do not have any data allowance remaining can still use the service.
The way Attend Anywhere calls are routed means approximately 15% of calls cannot be whitelisted. There is no way to predict which users will be impacted so it is important to be aware that whilst the majority of users will not be charged for using the service, some will. Video calls are free, except for any internet usage. A video call uses a similar amount of data to a Skype or FaceTime call (roughly 500 MB for 20 minutes). We recommend that patients connect to their home or work Wi-Fi to avoid using their mobile data allowance. If you cannot join the video consultation at this time or you are unable to participate in a video consultation for other reasons, please contact us on the email address or phone number given to you in your appointment communication.
If you are experiencing any issues, you can read our leaflet or view the troubleshooting poster. Video calls are free, except for any internet usage. A video call uses a similar amount of data to a Skype or FaceTime call (roughly 500 MB for 20 minutes). We recommend that patients connect to their home or work Wi-Fi to avoid using their mobile data allowance. If you cannot join the video consultation at this time or you are unable to participate in a video consultation for other reasons, please contact us on the email address or phone number given to you in your appointment communication.