Our Strategy 2021 to 2026: Better Care Together – With You, For You
Our five-year strategy for 2021 to 2026 will take us on an exciting journey. We pledge to put people at the heart of our services, focusing on personalised care by asking ‘what matters to you?’ rather than ‘what is the matter with you?’
Our Mission is:
Enabling People to Live the Best Life They Can
Our Vision is:
Working Together to Provide Outstanding Care
This journey will include:
- Developing services around the needs of our communities
- Tackling health inequalities – unfair and avoidable differences in health caused by things like unemployment,
poor education, race, disability, and where people live
- Using technology to improve access and choice in how patients receive care
- Improving our buildings to make them more efficient and a better environment for our patients and staff
- Promoting quality improvement and innovation
- Working towards university status with our Gloucestershire health and education partners
- Being an environmentally proactive organisation working with our communities to tackle the health impact of
pollution and climate change
- Embedding co-production and engagement
We place quality at the heart of everything we do in order to deliver services and make a positive difference to our communities.
Full details of our Quality Strategy will be published here.
We want to create a culture that truly enables colleagues to deliver the best possible care and support services in whatever role or place they work. Compassionate and accountable leadership is key and we need to ensure that we develop both our current and our future leaders to ensure we drive this forward.
Digital technology will be a key driver and enabler for the Trust over the next five years. It will help us be efficient and effective, make better use of our precious workforce and help improve the experience and outcomes for service users, their families and the wider community.
We deliver services from over 140 sites across Gloucestershire and we need to ensure that these offer a good quality, therapeutic environment.
Full details of our Estates Strategy will be published here.
Research and Innovation Strategy
We are well placed to continue to work in partnership across Gloucestershire and the wider South West to ensure we build a strong reputation in running and contributing to local, regional and national clinical research trials and clinical audit.
Full details of our Research and Innovation Strategy will be published here.
Our best value resourcing approach underpins the delivery of our four strategic aims and all of our enabling strategies and strategic objectives.
Full details of our Finance Strategy will be published here.
Read our Full Strategy
Our full strategy can be read using the links below. There is a pdf version and an Easy Read version.
You can also request a postal version of our strategy by contacting our Communications Team:
- Email email@example.com
- Write to Communications, Gloucestershire Health and Care NHS FT, Edward Jenner Court, 1010 Pioneer Avenue, Gloucester, GL3 4AW
- Telephone 0300 4218 100
If you would like a translation, large print or another accessible format, please contact us using the details above.