Become a member
As an NHS Foundation Trust, we represent the communities we serve in Gloucestershire. We bring together mental health, learning disability and physical community health services. It’s very likely that you, or someone you know, has needed the support of the NHS at some point in your life.
There’s never been a better time to become a member.
Why should I become a member?
Trust membership is the perfect way to influence your local NHS services. You can also help support our campaign to tackle the stigma around ill health and raise awareness of the support help available.
Emotional and physical wellbeing is everyone’s business. Everyone is different, so we will help personalise your membership to make it meaningful to you. We’ll also take note of how much or how little you want to be involved.
Who can become a member?
You can join us if you live in England or Wales and are aged 11 years or older.
As a member, you can get involved as little or as much as you want. You can attend events, be consulted on Trust matters, help with surveys, write articles or stand for election as a member of the Council of Governors. It’s entirely up to you.
How do I join?
Joining as a public member couldn’t be easier. You can sign up online using the form below.
Your FREE member’s pack
When you join, we will send you a free membership pack containing:
- An exclusive membership gift to thank you for showing your support for our campaign
- Discounted offers for NHS Trust members
- Membership newsletter – packed with trust news and useful information
On 1 April 2020, Herefordshire Mental Health and Learning Disability Services transferred into the management of Worcestershire Health and Care NHS Foundation Trust.
Our former Herefordshire members are still recorded on our membership database. If you would like us to remove you from our membership database, please let us know by emailing email@example.com or phoning 0300 421 7146. You may need to leave a message.
You can also write to:
Edward Jenner Court
1010 Pioneer Avenue
Gloucester Business Park
Gloucester, GL3 4AW.
This means we will no longer contact you about trust membership, including sending you our newsletter.
If you do not ask us to remove you, your membership will continue and you will be recorded as a member of the Greater England constituency. You will still be eligible to stand as, and vote for, Governors of the Trust. If you would like to remain as a member, you do not need to take any further action.
10 reasons to become a member
- Have your say on how services are delivered
- Join us and show your support for our campaign to remove the stigma surrounding mental health issues
- Vote in the Governor elections to elect nominated members to the Council of Governors
- Stand in the elections yourself to become a Trust Governor
- Stay informed about the services in your area
- If you have any concerns, membership is the best platform to make change happen
- Take part in members’ events and activities
- Membership is free and there is no annual renewal
- Receive your membership pack
- Enjoy NHS discounts on high street products and services
Benefits of membership
- Membership is FREE
- It is up to you how much you want to get involved
- You can attend events, meetings, help on surveys, write articles for our newsletter….whatever makes membership meaningful to you
- We will consult you on specific issues affecting the Trust
- You will be able to vote for your representative to sit on the Council of Governors
- You could decide to put yourself forward for election and become a Governor