Next Steps is an NHS specialist cancer rehabilitation service which supports anyone living in Gloucestershire who has been diagnosed with breast, colorectal or prostate cancer.
What does the service offer?
You will be invited to attend an initial 3 hour ‘Take Control’ Health and Wellbeing appointment. This is a group workshop available across the county that discusses:
• Fatigue / feeling tired
• Worries and anxiety
• Relaxation and sleep
• Activity and diet
• Looking to the future and goal setting
What else is after ‘Take Control’?
Following your Take Control health and wellbeing appointment, you will be given information on services operating in your local area. For example, Macmillan Next Steps Cancer Rehabilitation offers the following groups in Gloucester City and North Cotswolds:
• Active Everyday – Six 1 hour sessions over six weeks to safely increase your levels of physical activity
• Helping Overcome Problems Effectively – Six 2½ hour sessions to set goals, take control and live well with or after cancer
• Recipe for Health – Four 2 hour sessions combining diet and activity tailored to your individual needs to work towards maintaining a healthy weight
• 60 second video explaining what Macmillan Next Steps Cancer Rehabilitation offers
- Developing Cancer Care in Gloucesterhire video
How can I refer myself for cancer rehabilitation:
• Call 0300 421 6586 to speak to one of our friendly team who be happy to explain what is on offer
• Complete the self-referral form and post back to us at: Macmillan Next Steps Cancer Rehabilitation, Gloucestershire Care Services NHS Trust, Edward Jenner Court, 1010 Pioneer Avenue, Gloucester Business Park, Brockworth, Gloucester, GL3 4AW
• Alternatively, you can scan and email the self-referral form to us at email@example.com
We’ll be in touch with you to arrange your appointment.
- Meet the Macmillan Next Steps Cancer Rehabilitation Team (PDF download)
- Macmillan Move More
- Prostate Cancer UK
- Maggie’s Cheltenham – provides free practical, emotional and social support to people with cancer and their family and friends.
- Charlie’s Community Cancer Support and Therapy Centre – offers friendship, support, holistic therapies, activities and events to empower you, your famiily and carers, to live well with and beyond cancer.
- Longfield – provides specialist services for adults in Gloucestershire living with life-limiting illness, 365 days per year.