The panel members who will be leading the debate at this event are:
- Cath Blinman – Palliative Care Consultant at Gloucestershire Hospitals Foundation Trust, based at Gloucestershire Royal Hospital
- Kathy Cambell – Respiratory Care Nurse Specialis, working for Gloucestershire Care Services
- Dr Havi Carel – Senior Lecturer in Philosophy, University of Bristol whose research examines the experience of illness, of receiving health care and patient-clinician communication
- Sean Elyan – Consultant Oncologist & Medical Director at Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, Medicine Unboxed Advisor and co-chair
- Bob Heath – Music Therapist working at Sir Michael Sobell House, in Oxford
- Dr Jeff Meecham-Jones, consultant in Respiratory Medicine at Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Dr Helen Miller – Gloucester GP, Chair Gloucestershire Clinical Commissioning Group, with a particular interest in respiratory conditions.
Dr Sam Guglani, Curator of Medicine Unboxed, Consultant Oncologist and Chair of Clinic Ethics Committee at Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust will be chairing the event.
Most importantly for this debate to be a success; the audience. The voice of the audience is central to the conversation so if you are interested come along.
This is a free event but places in the audience are limited so if you are interested please contact: Sheila.firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday 11 February to reserve your place.
The event is being held at Pitville Pump Room, East Approach Drive, Cheltenham, GL52 3JE and runs from 6:30-8:30pm.