Starting on Tuesday 20 August, and for the next two months, the NHS in Gloucestershire is engaging with the public on a range of ideas and potential solutions for how community urgent ‘same day’ care and specialist hospital services could be provided across the county.
Under the title Fit for the Future, discussions will centre on ideas to support faster and more convenient urgent same day advice and care, and a centres of excellence approach at Gloucester and Cheltenham hospitals.
As part of this, we are also asking people who live or work in the Forest of Dean, our colleagues, and others who have an interest in the future provision of services there, to continue to help develop ideas for the services to be provided in the new community hospital.
This follows extensive engagement and consultation with people in the Forest of Dean between September 2015 and July 2018, after which the NHS supported the recommendations of a Citizen’s Jury to build the new hospital in the Cinderford area.
Decisions have not yet been made about what services will be provided in the new hospital in the Forest of Dean, or how many beds there will be. The views of residents, colleagues and wider stakeholders will continue to shape the way plans are developed.
To support this engagement process two publications have been developed:
• Fit for the Future: Developing urgent and hospital care in Gloucestershire
• Fit for the Future: A new hospital for the Forest of Dean
As well as information to support the discussions, a survey and public ‘drop in’ events across the county, we will be holding internal events, local workshops, a public hearing, locality workshops and a Citizens’ Jury.
Through sharing information and exchanging views, the engagement period will provide a wealth of feedback to inform future planning. Both you and the public would be consulted on any significant changes that follow on from this engagement programme.
There are a number of ways you can get involved and share your views:
• Read the booklet and complete the survey about urgent and hospital care here
• Read the booklet and complete the Forest of Dean hospital survey here
• Locality Development Workshops will be held in the Forest of Dean on various dates. To express an interest in attending, please email GLCCG.email@example.com by Friday 6 September 2019