Gloucestershire County Council is running a consultation on some changes to public health nursing (including health visiting and school nursing) . It’s part of work being done in the Trust with the county council to bring together health visiting and school nursing into a single service for all children aged 0-19 and their families.
The council is asking parents-to-be, parents, guardians and young people in particular about what the proposals mean for them.
There are five topics in the survey:
• Two year old development check – helping more parents access the check
• Baby hubs – helping parents meet other parents and learn from professionals and each other
• School nursung hubs – bringing school nursing to more parents, children and young people in the county
• One to one support – designing a consistent approach to common issues
• Hearing screening – helping hearing problems to be identified earlier
Read more and complete the survey at www.gloucestershire.gov.uk/phn.
A young people’s version is available at www.gloucestershire.gov.uk/phnyouth
The survey is open until Sunday 19 November and paper copies are available at libraries, GP surgeries and children’s centres.
6 September 2017