The Dilke Memorial Hospital Minor Injuries and Illness Unit (MIIU) will close for six weeks from Saturday 1 July to allow necessary refurbishment work to take place. The refurbishment work will offer patients a new MIIU assessment and triage facility, a dedicated waiting room and play area for children, as well as a larger waiting room for adults and an improved reception area.
The rest of the hospital will remain open during this period.
Gloucestershire’s MIIUs offer support to adults and children (aged 1+) with urgent, but not life-threatening, healthcare needs. Whilst the unit is closed, patients will be able to attend the:
• MIIU at Lydney and District Hospital – Open from 8am to 11pm or the
• MIIU at Tewkesbury Community Hospital – Open from 8am to 8pm
MIIUs provide care and treatment for sprains, cuts and wounds, skin problems, minor eye injuries and minor fractures, as well as for illnesses such as chest infections, sore throats, minor infections etc.
Patients can also:
• Go online for care advice at:
– the national website NHS Choices (www.nhs.uk)
– the local website ‘Advice ASAP’ (www.asapglos.nhs.uk)
– the ‘ASAP Glos NHS’ mobile app
• Dial 111 for NHS 111 non-emergency advice
• Contact the Out of Hours medical (GP) service via your local practice or NHS 111
• Dial 999 for life-threatening emergencies
• Attend A&E for emergency care
9 June 2017