A 24-hour a day, seven day a week helpline is now available for anyone in Gloucestershire experiencing mental health distress and needing urgent support or advice.
The service is available by ringing 0800 169 0398.
The line is staffed by mental health professionals who can offer guidance and advice to help you or someone you care for through the initial stages of a mental health crisis.
Other sources of support for mental health and wellbeing both locally in Gloucestershire and nationally are as follows:
For all ages
- Your GP or NHS 111
- Gloucestershire Self-Harm Helpline Call 0808 816 0606 or text 07537 410 022. A safe, supportive, non-judgmental and informative service for people who self-harm, their friends, families and carers. Open every day 5pm – 10pm for phone and text support.
- Samaritans on 116 123
- Shout is the UK’s first 24/7 text service, free on all major mobile networks, for anyone in crisis anytime, anywhere. It’s a place to go if you’re struggling to cope and you need immediate help. Text Shout to 85258.
- Every Mind Matters
- Let’s Talk for support with mental health conditions, such as depression, anxiety, PTSD, OCD and phobias. 0800 073 2200
- Anyone over 18 in Gloucestershire can now access free anonymous counselling from qualified counsellors via an online chat-based platform – Qwell. Chats can be accessed through a drop-in service or booked sessions; there is no referral needed from a health professional, no waiting lists, and no criteria to meet to get support.
- Mind. Information, advice and support for people with mental illness and their carers. 0300 123 3393.
- Independence Trust. Support for individuals, families and communities with concerns about mental health, alcohol or drugs. 0345 863 8323.
- Mental Health Matters. 0808 145 4507
For young people
- The CAMHS website
- Chat Health – Send a text message to 07507 333351
- TIC+ Call 01594 372777 or text 07520 634063
- Glos CCG website
- Childline on 0800 1111
- Young Minds