Telecare helps people stay living independently in their own home, using a range of simple devices around the house that alert the need for assistance in emergencies.
The devices are easy to use and understand. They give people confidence to carry on living independent lives at home and their relatives the reassurance they need.
Why a new website?
By raising awareness of the service and its benefits, we hope to get Telecare into more homes across the county so more people can continue to live safe and independent lives.
The website gives information about:
• Who Telecare is suitable for – from older people to those with learning disabilities or dementia
• Who is eligible
• How to get assessed
• Some real examples where Telecare has helped
• Information on how to get Telecare
The service has also launched a new Twitter feed to share the latest Telecare information and updates. If you are on Twitter please follow them at @GlosTelecare
What we want you to do?
• Take a look at the new website www.gloucestershire.gov.uk/telecare
• Follow Gloucestershire Telecare on Twitter @GlosTelecare or find and like them on Facebook.
• Think Telecare – call 01452 426868 to refer a friend, relative, service user or patient for an assessment.