Commitment: Once a month
About the role:
Engaging in creative activity has been shown to have a positive impact on wellbeing, allowing individuals to express in a meaningful way.
Our Poetry Group focuses on enjoyment and self-expression. We would like a volunteer to help facilitate discussion and encourage participation during the group sessions.
- Helping to decide themes for the session within the group and preparing some questions or discussion topics around these themes.
- Preparing some materials e.g. poems, prose, other written pieces.
- Encouraging discussion within the group around themes and ideas.
- Promoting creativity.
Skills and attributes you will need
- Able to generate discussion and keep conversation flowing
- Confident in reading aloud.
- Building rapport with group members
- Welcoming and encouraging new comers.
Most challenging part of the role
- Managing turn taking with group members so everyone has the opportunity to be heard if they wish to be.
- Understanding and adapting to challenges faced by those with mental health difficulties.
- Corporate Induction – day 1 and day 2
- Safeguarding – once only – will be completed on day 1 of Corporate Induction
- Breakaway Training – annually
- E learning Fire Safety – every 2 years
- E learning Inflection Control – every 3 years
- E learning Manual Handling – every 2 years
- E learning Information Governance – annually
How the trust will support you
• Relevant training to support volunteer role