Big Health and Wellbeing Open Week: 21-25th June 2021
This is a celebratory event of information sharing and improving access to health and wellbeing support, for people with learning disabilities and other disabilities.
As you are more than aware for many years up until last year, we have been co-ordinating with our NHS Trusts and partner organisations in Gloucestershire annual Big Health and Wellbeing Open Days, with the aim:
- To deliver an inclusive day, working with the ‘whole person’, with the theme of staying healthy and active, meeting friends and having fun.
- To reduce health inequalities for people living with a learning disability, a physical disability and/or mental health problems and help disadvantaged people to help themselves, through activities outlined in the programme
This year, we plan to co-ordinate a Big Health and Wellbeing Week during Learning Disability Week.
We plan to engage a cross-section of Trust Services and community virtual and hybrid activities, which will include:
- Diet and health talks
- Looking after your mental health
- Sport and physical activities
- Safe outdoor activities for the family during COVID
- Update on COVID.
- Signposting, resources and information
Like the annual Big Health Check Days, we want to support our clients, patients, family carers, community support staff and yourselves, be inclusive ,create awareness and promote partner agencies during this challenging time with a cross section of the amazing work you and they have been doing across the county.